GreenDiol® - MADE IN NATURE, NAMED FOR OUR BETTERMENT
- GreenDiol® is produced by natural fermentation without chemical synthesis.
- GS Caltex is the only company that is mass-producing GreenDiol® with a 100% bio-based production process in the world.
GreenDiol® uses Non-GMO biomass as feedstock.
GS Caltex is mass-producing GreenDiol® using Non-GMO microorganisms based on innovative bioengineering technology.
The production process only uses physical characteristics of the substance to separate and purify, without applying any harmful chemicals
* GMO : Genetically Modified Organism * LMO : Living Modified Organism
GreenDiol® is COSMOS certified as an organic and natural cosmetic ingredient (non-GMO, non-LMO) that meets global standards.
Toxicity and Irritation
- Various toxicity studies have shown that GreenDiol® contains no hazardous toxins and is therefore safe for the environment and the human body.
- Clinical patch studies on skin irritation have also shown that GreenDiol® does not cause skin irritation.
- GreenDiol® is a natural humectant that adds moisture to the skin.
- GreenDiol® serves as an excellent dispersant for active ingredients including Vitamin C compared to other polyols, and in turn, is well-suited for cosmeceuticals.
- It is also an effective solvent for poorly soluble substances.
- In addition, despite being a natural ingredient, it has solubility as high as *DPG which is known as most soluble in water.
* DPG : Dipropylene glycol
- GreenDiol® has excellent antibacterial and antiseptic properties, so it can be effectively used to prevent oxidation and decay of various products including cosmetics.
- GreenDiol® which has not undergone any and all chemical synthesis is, by definition, the product that can extract active ingredients from natural substances in the shape of true nature.
Additional Benefits on Skin
- GreenDiol® has light texture, high penetration, as well as long moisture retention time.
Approvals and Certifications
- COSMOS ('19)
- Vegan ('19)
- EU-REACH ('19)
- USDA BioPreferred® Program– 100% Bio-based('18)
- New Excellence Technology by Korea Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy ('18)
- New Excellent Product by Korea Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy (’19)
- INCI Name: 2,3-Butanediol
- IECIC name: 2,3-Butanediol
- EC Number: 823-920-1, 208-173-6
- CAS Number: 5341-95-7, 513-85-9